[TenTec] Reputable dealer vs Hamfests

W8KZW w8kzw at arrl.net
Mon Feb 20 11:12:22 PST 2012

Great replies to the original post.

We bash eBay for high prices.
We bash hamfests for shady sellers.
We can't afford "new".

... then why bother.  Just do without?

I just sold three nice scopes (HP-465, HP-455, and a 30 Mhz 2-channel
Hitachi for $90, $90, and $80 respectively) with full disclosure of any
foibles at a swap yesterday.  All were on the table powered up, with probes
(Tektronix, and included in the sale) connected to the reference oscillator
and freely available for "fiddling".  I even had an HF signal generator
available for testing.

All three buyers were delighted with their purchase.  I probably could have
sold them for more via other venues, but I have 5 other scopes, I'm not
desperate for $$, and I like swaps.

Try before you buy.  If there's no power, ask to carry it to a working
outlet and then try before you buy.

If you don't know what you are looking at, ask someone who does to help you
shop.

.... sorry for the OT post, but couldn't take it any longer.  What do you do
when you shop for a car????

73,
W8KZW