[TenTec] OMNI C Mixer or PTO problem

Phil Chambley, Sr. k4dpk at comcast.net
Mon Feb 20 13:56:59 PST 2012

There are definitely  VFO in/VFO out jacks on the backplane, and a jumper to
connect the two of them together is required.

Elsewise, the VFO output is not connected to the mixer, and the counter will
read 9 mHz.

I would not be adjusting anything to cure this problem.  If you don't have a
missing jumper, you most likely have a loose connection, and when you find
it, you don't want to have anything out of adjustment that might hide the
result.

I've repaired several Corsairs with this symptom, and they have usually had
a problem on the mixer board.  There's a connector there for the PTO signal,
and the staking pins, for some reason, are very easy to break loose from the
foil.

Phil C. Sr.
k4dpk