[TenTec] Omni PTO rebuild--different grease

scottsheppard at videotron.ca scottsheppard at videotron.ca
Mon Feb 20 20:29:26 PST 2012

So I decided to rebuild the PTO yesterday after opting to delay the eventual DDS conversion...when I walked out to the garage I thought about all the posts I have read here>> red grease, gear grease, tentec grease, bicycle grease etc etc...I do not wish to reignite that debate...

When I walked into the garage the first thing I saw was a tube of Silicone dielectric grease...I thought what the heck..

It is all cleaned and back together (i never used a rebuild kit) and it is working very well. I am not an expert on the dielectric grease properties, but I know the stuff I put on the Spark plug connectors sure hold up well to heat and abuse on the car...time will tell!

73 scott