[TenTec] RF Gain control

Lee WA3FIY wa3fiy at radioadv.com
Sat Feb 25 09:09:07 PST 2012

It's interesting to observe the different operating styles of various ops.  No right or wrong, just
different.   Unlike Martin, I use the PBT/BW and CUT controls quite often, probably second
only to MULTI (and the tuning knobs of course).

Here is why.   I set CUT to H.  This control now becomes a bandwidth control.   Set PBT/BW
to PBT and of course it is now the passband tuning control.  	Both gets lots of use, mostly
used together.

Very convenient for my operating style.   I would not want to give up that functionality.

Once I have RF and AF levels set I rarely touch them.   The Orion has great AGC action.

73,

-Lee-