[TenTec] Anyone recently replace an Orion 565 LCD?

Vic Klein vhklein at ptd.net
Mon Jan 16 05:05:39 PST 2012

Had a conversation with Paul Clinton at TT last fall regarding the "Blue
Screen". He indicated that neither the Jupiter nor the Omni VII screens will
fit the Orion, but that they were currently using a different screen for
replacements than what was OEM. The following note explains this further:

Dear Vic:

We have a replacement blue screen with white letters. The quality of this
blue screen is not as good as the original but this screen is all that is
available on the world market. Only problem is that there is a slight jitter
in the white letters at some viewing angles. We want to emphasize that this
is not an upgrade but a replacement for the other screen.

Paul R. Clinton
WD4EBR
Service Manager

---------