[TenTec] Omni 6/3 Serial Port Interface problem.

Paul hglent at frii.com
Mon Jan 23 11:30:37 PST 2012

I have discovered the RS232 is not interfacing with Ham Radi Deluxe. The
serial interface has been working perfectly untill recently. I have gone
through all of the normal trouble shooting steps like replacing the
cable ( I don't use a USB interface..  I conect direct to the serial
port on the PC)

I believe the problem is that the MAX232 IC has failed on the 81606
Logic Board.  Not being the digital type guy, is there a way to confirm
this?  Also are there replacements for this IC, and where do I find a
replacement?

A little more trouble shooting and diagnosis help is appreciated.

Thanks

Paul K.
WA0BAG

PS Please email me off list.