[TenTec] Re. [Ten Tec] Grounds and balanced fed verticals

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Thu Jan 26 14:05:52 PST 2012

Rick,

When W1ZR's article appeared in the November 2009 QST it was *very*
controversial. Here's an example of the typical debate it engendered:

http://www.eham.net/ehamforum/smf/index.php?topic=44059.0

In that QST article Joel states that the loss measurements he made on
dry line "agreed with TLW predictions within a few tenths of a dB".
Given that a simple calculation involving Ohms Law will tell you that
the TLW predictions are wrong by a large margin, that must cast serious
doubt on his measurement technique.

73,
Steve G3TXQ