[TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Sun Jul 1 13:01:05 PDT 2012

Good story, Don...  and I WILL just take the plunge soon.

My wife calls me Mr. Overkill because I tend to research stuff a long
time ahead of doing it... I researched ham transceivers for months
before buying one.  On the other hand, I have been known to buy a car
for cash on the spot, without ever lifting the hood, knowing horsepower
or compression or torque or etc., and just buying because  1) it looked
good, and 2) was fun to drive.  Go figure.  Nevertheless I rarely have
buyer's remorse because I researched it to death before buying.

She calls me Mr. Overkill because if a nail will hold it, I use two
screws and some glue.

Thanks for the push.   It helps.   I still have some letters and numbers
to learn before I go live, but it is coming along better than my Xteen
previous false starts.