[TenTec] 715 Processor / OII settings

Speer, Doug Doug.Speer at FairbanksMorse.com
Mon Jul 2 06:20:57 PDT 2012

I am running a TT Model 715 compressor into my Orion II using either a TT 708A desk mic or the TT 777 headset.  To the best of my interpretation I have set the 715 up following the instructions to balance the drive level with the compressor in or out of circuit.  My OII settings are:

Hardware mic gain = 0db
Mic Gain = 35
SP = Off

With these settings I find that I have to keep the 715 Processor Gain near full counter clockwise.  The useful adjustment range seems to be only 5% or less of the gain control range which changes the compression from zero to all LEDs lit.  I am wondering what settings other 715 / Orion II users are using or any observations on the operation of this or similar set up.

Doug, W9PN
Janesville, WI

----------Legal Disclaimer----------

The information contained in this message may be privileged and confidential, and is intended solely for the use of the named addressee.  No other person is authorized to access, copy or re-use this message (or any information contained herein).  If you are not the intended recipient, please notify us immediately by replying to this message and delete it from your computer.