[TenTec] new to CW dxing

Richards jruing at ameritech.net
Mon Jul 2 14:09:53 PDT 2012

Thanks Paul.   I will start listening as soon as I finish the alphabet,
and then check in when I can send a bit.  I will check out the Book you
mention...  I have already dug out my book by AC6V and begun to read
that again... I read the bits on phone DX, but skipped the bits on CW.

I do read all these leads, and they are helpful - in part because the
all cover much the same ground, with useful variations, reinforcing what
I need to know.

It will probably be a couple more weeks until I go live - I feel I
should know the full alphabet and numbers before striking out on my own.
  But I think I will start LISTENING to the slow net just to get my ears
working.  I know it will come with time.

The biggest hurdle is the repetition it takes to learn it... I am
generally a quick study - if I read it and understand it, then I have it
down... but this is a different beast which takes old fashioned practice
and repetitive drill to get down.   My patience for this is awful, so it
is a chore - but if the dweeb down at the club house can do it, so can I.

Thanks again.