[TenTec] new to CW dxing

k3miy at csonline.net k3miy at csonline.net
Mon Jul 2 18:14:22 PDT 2012

Dave

I used the same method to get my speed up, but after 15 wpm, the next
step came with a mighty effort. So I gave up. I was stuck at 18 wpm
(ARRL bulletin speed). Then in 1992, I wanted to get my Extra (needed
to copy 20 wpm). So I found the ARRL code run that started at 35 wpm
and went down to 10. After trying top down for 3 weeks, 20 wpm was slow.
I also learned that this method is resistant to the ravages of old age.
BTW I worked your 40 CW station during Field Day. I was running the call
W3ZIC

Ron
K3MIY