[TenTec] 229 swr circuit

Rick W ve7tk at yahoo.ca
Tue Jul 3 09:30:24 PDT 2012

I ordered the caps from the Ukraine a week ago. I looked at the 229A and was contemplating your exact procedure.  Thanks for confirming the methodology.

As for the meter.  I have an LP-100A external meter BUT for tuner adjustment purposes I've always liked an analogue meter.

The 229A is now mounted in the rack and working well (except for the meter circuit).  It does look like I'll be needing an external capacitor to tune the 43 foot vertical on 160.  The new "pointer" for the unit was ordered 2 weeks ago and will, hopefully, be here this week.  At that time I'll look into further tests on the meter itself.  I have the feeling that I'll be calling the mother ship for a replacement unit.  It looks like the same meter is used in the 238 series tuners.

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www.ve7tk.com