[TenTec] new to CW dxing

Kim Elmore cw_de_n5op at sbcglobal.net
Tue Jul 3 15:52:30 PDT 2012

Being an Official Olde Fahrt (QCWA and OOTC member) I took all my tests under the baleful eye of the FCC. When I took my Extra test, I brought my Vibroplex and the wedge contacts, so I could use just key across their straight key. The examiner barely raised an eyebrow and allowed me to send maybe one word before he pronounced me adequate.

No, I didn't bring a transparent green celluloid hat brim or the elastic sleeve retainers!

73,

Kim N5OP