[TenTec] My 1st Ten Tec

Ralph w8bvh at sbcglobal.net
Wed Jul 4 11:29:44 PDT 2012

My 1st outfit was a HOWES receiver from England and tuner my wife got for
me. Thought it would be a great radio for my 1st radio. Was fun to use but
didn't have enough bands.

Within the year I was looking and found a TenTec Omni-C for sale by a fellow
named Ken Simpson (W8EK). I called him and found out that he used to be a
distributor for Ten Tec prior to their ending distributors in USA. He spent
about 1/2 hour on phone the first time and another 1/2 hour another time
answering my questions and giving me some comparisons with other rigs based
on my novice mind. I can never thank him enough for helping me and having a
really nice Omni-C for sale. Only recently sold it and now have a Pegasus
and a Corsair II w/ power supply and VFO. Nice radio.

Years later I was fortunate to attend on of the Ten Tec tailgate fests in
Tennessee and had a wonderful time and met a whole bunch of wonderful Ten
Tec personel. I dropped my Omni-C off for a check-up and within 2 weeks they
sent it to me tweeked and running smoothly. Only the beginning of stories of
Ten Tec and their compasion for their customers.

Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.

Best regards,
Ralph Howes
W8BVH