[TenTec] My first Ten Tec

Richard Bell richfbell at sbcglobal.net
Thu Jul 5 09:38:53 PDT 2012

My first Ten-Tec was and still is an Omni VII.

I owned and used almost daily a Kenwood TS-830S, Drake B Line and a  Drake 7
Line.   I decided it was time to update my technology and join the 21st century.

I had compared the specs on the OVII, Eagle, K3, Flex 3000 and Kenwood (can't
remember the model).  I had not seen any of them but had worked owners of all
who raved about their gear.

In the end I chose the Ten-Tec because of the customer service offered and the
information gleaned from the various reflectors.  I should also add that I was
definitely blown away by Ten-Tec transmit audio

The only regret I have is that it took me so long to look at Ten-Tec and its
performance.  For my needs, Ten-Tec is a solid performer (but you already know
that).

I've recently added a 238C tuner to the mix.  I am looking  forward to adding a
Centurion amplifier, when I think I can sneak it by the Boss of My Known
Universe.

W5BXE