[TenTec] Why I buy TenTec.....>

al sirois alsirois at roadrunner.com
Thu Jul 5 11:20:38 PDT 2012

Thursday

GA all you T-T fans: .......learning the code from the Civil Wars
communications.

Although I started with a National NCX-3, Hot Watt 101, then joining the
MARS found the DRAKE TR-4C was quite a radio..I decided to stick with Drake
(American Made).

When Drake went out of business and could not support their customers, I
traded UP to a Drake TR-7 and had it for many years. I decided to add the
Drake L-7 amplifier.

I'm not a collector, and sold off all of the gear to upgrade.

I tried several brands (Yaesu, ICOM and Atlas for mobile) and they all had
their advantages, but something was missing.

One of my MARS buddies sold me an OMNI-D & 252-M P.S... It certainly was
different; but I learned a lot...!

I had it for a long time. It was during this time that I found out about the
fantastic SERVICE philosophy of TenTec.

I bought a used Jupiter from the factory ( I still have it ). I've had three
(3) Jupiter's , sold one to my  Elmer, then bought it back from him when he
purchased his Eagle. I've had several Scouts and so far have kept one of
them as my bed side radio w/ T-T #277 tuner and 68 ft of long wire. I don't
have a problem switching out the modules from time to time.

I am currently storing my Elmer an OMNI-A. I may purchase it from him
someday.

FMI, check out my BIO on QRZ and read all about how I learned the code from
the Civil War communications.

73

Al Sirois, N1MHC/nnn0wna

P.O. Box 2