[TenTec] Paragon Problem

Mike Bryce prosolar at sssnet.com
Sat Jul 14 05:29:46 PDT 2012

Ben,

the finals and the driver transistors are all connected to the +12 volt supply directly. Although a shorted driver would more than likely smoke before the final transistor simply because the final are more robust and could take a whale of a lot of current.

That's why the ten ten power supply instantly goes into over current shut down and the smaller supply goes into current limiting.

There's the possibility that the decoupling capacitors inside the PA have failed, but that's a real stretch.

did you measure resistance between the red wire going into the PA and ground?

bet you'll see it very low, a few ohms perhaps..

mike, wb8vge