[TenTec] ORION I Issue

Carl Moreschi n4py2 at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 17 13:31:36 PDT 2012

I have seen things like this happen a few times to my Orion.  The
problem is there are a lot of connections to the microprocessor with
cables.  These cable connections can fail, especially with lack of use.

Fortunately, it is an easy fix.  Remove the Orion front panel.  You will
see several multi-pin cable connections.  Unplug and replug each of
these connectors at least 5 times.  The action of unplugging and
replugging will clean them.

Then put everything back together again and all will be fine.

If that doesn't fix it, then do a battery reset followed by a main reset.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com