[TenTec] 40m BCI and Ten-Tec vs. Elecraft

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Sat Jul 21 10:13:42 PDT 2012

Rick, while I'm a fan of both companies, I'm really surprised at the
answer that you received from the guys at Elecraft.
Every day their mailing list is overflowing with helpful hints on the K3
and the new KX3.
It's like everyone has a pipeline to Wayne and Eric.  How many other
companies are you communicating with the guys at the top?
In some cases, it has come down to a problem of the nut behind the wheel.
In most others, if someone discovers a deficiency or has a feature that
he would like to see added, another firmware update appears.

Of course, Ten-Tec also is great in the area of support after the sale,
and the firmware should follow now that John Henry is back.

Where you have Bob (K4TAX) and others on the Ten-Tec list, there is a
similar cadre of experts on the Elecraft lists.

73 de Jim - AD6CW