[TenTec] Rsc value for LM723 in 280/255 power supplies?

Clayton Brantley clayton_n4ev at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 2 12:19:48 PDT 2012

Sounds like the "normal" way for a '723 supply to die.  I would keep the power transformer
IF it's  ok, then build a supply using the 7815 regulator controlling the base of a darlington
pair.  K4EAJ (SK) used this supply for all his repeaters for may years without any failures.
The saving grace is when a '78xx regulator faults, it shuts down vice going to the max +v
rail as the '723's do.  Another neat thing is the parts count is less.  I have been using three os
these supplies for over 15 years and never a hicup.  I might have the circuit that I could copy

and email to you if you would like.

Clayton N4EV