[TenTec] TEN-TEC SSB Net

Sun Jun 17 14:04:07 PDT 2012

Attempted to handle the net this afternoon. Thanks to all for the efforts and the relays. Band was really noisey largely due to sunspot activity. {See Below}

I copied {hope I got the calls correct} and thanks to those that checked in. We held the net session for some 30 minutes on 14.245.

KB5WHX
WA1CAL
WB2HIZ
K1FPV
K3GDX
K ? XO
N0OQ
KR0K
K5LN
W4CM
W0GIN
K7GXL
WB2HIZ

John, K3UR should be back in the saddle next Sunday.

Space Weather News for June 17, 2012
http://spaceweather.com

As predicted, a double CME hit Earth's magnetic field on June 16th. The impact strongly compressed Earth's magnetosphere, exposing geosynchronous satellites to solar wind plasma and sparking more than 24 hours of geomagnetic storms. (The storms are still in progress as this alert is being written during the middle hours of June 17th.) In the United States, Northern Lights have descended as far south as Wisconsin, Washington, Minnesota, and the Dakotas. Southern hemisphere observers are also reporting colorful aurora australis. Check http://spaceweather.com for photos and updates.

AURORA ALERTS: Would you like a call when geomagnetic storms are underway? Aurora alerts are available from http://spaceweathertext.com (text) and http://spaceweatherphone.com (voice).

73
Bob, K4TAX

--- In Ten-Tec-Omni-VII at yahoogroups.com, "John Occhipinti" <k3ur at ...> wrote:

> The TEN-TEC SSB Net will be conducted tomorrow (Sunday) at 4PM Eastern Daylight Saving Time on 14.245 USB. I am expecting several of the Omni VII, Orion II, Eagle and Jupiter owners to start the Net on time, as I will not be available this week.
>
> I announced last week that my youngest son Jeremy just returned from Jeddah, Saudi Arabia where he teaches school. He is taking me to Turner Field in Atlanta, for Father's Day, to see the Atlanta Braves play the Baltimore Orioles in Interleague play.
>
> I trust that some of the "Group" will start the Net and take checkins. Several different locations will be ideal, so everyone will be heard that checks in. I will be back on next Sunday to conduct the Net. HAPPY FATHER'S DAY to all of the Dad's and Grandad's.
>
> Thank you and have fun!
>
> http://www.qrz.com/db/k3ur
> John D. Occhipinti, K3UR
> Net Control, TEN-TEC SSB Net
> k3ur at ...
> The Voice of Atlanta

Messages in this topic (50)
Recent Activity: a.. New Members 3 a.. New Files 1
Visit Your Group
To visit your group on the web, go to: