[TenTec] Strange FD RFI

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Mon Jun 25 19:36:22 PDT 2012

Kim,

May be "apples and oranges" here, but have you ever looked at the AC waveform
at the base of a typical cheap CFL on a scope? It's not pretty - the
switching PS in them puts a lot of garbage back into the AC line. I'm
wondering if something in your FD setup caused the '1000D switching PS (AFAIK
it uses a switcher) to send some "hash" that might normally be suppressed
back down the AC feed to your rig's PS to upset it.

'Nuther thought - were the external PSes at the other positions linear or
switchers, or a combination? What brands?

Or, it might be a plain ol' RF issue....

73, Al