[TenTec] Just an observation, Field Day in Hawaii

Al Gulseth wb5jnc at centurytel.net
Sat Jun 30 17:39:24 PDT 2012

If you haven't already found it, check the FISTS site:

http://www.fists.org/index.html

Their "Basic CW Operating Manual" may be what you're looking for:
http://www.fists.org/pdfdocs/A%20BASIC%20CW%20OPERATING%20MANUAL.pdf

BTW don't be that worried about "how to play well", just get on the air. There
are a lot of slow-speed ops or ops that will slow down to your comfort level
(7050, 7110 - 7120 come to mind as "watering holes" for slower speed CW on
40M). Also, while you're on the FISTS site, they have a listing of Slow Speed
CW Nets (although I'm not sure how current the list is):

http://www.fists.org/pdfdocs/slownet.pdf

I think I can speak for the CW community in that we've all "been there, done
that" with the first CW contact, and almost all CW ops will be glad to coach
you along.

73 es GL, Al