[TenTec] DESCRIPTION: New Limited Edition Vibroplex Iambic Paddle

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Mon Mar 5 06:46:33 PST 2012

Rather than guess, I asked Scott to describe the new key to us.
See below.

73
Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: Scott Robbins
Sent: Monday, March 05, 2012 3:30 PM
To: rick at dj0ip.de
Subject: FW: [TenTec] New Limited Edition Vibroplex Iambic Paddle

Rick - QSP this:

The limited edition paddle we are building for Ten-Tec consists of the
movement used on the Iambic Standard paddle built onto a base that is the
same size as the original bug - about 2 inches longer (and heavier) than the
standard iambic key.  The weight will help keep the paddle stable on the
table, and the size will also allow the clear acrylic dust cover as sold as
an option for the original bug to be used on this key as well.  Unlike the
Iambic Standard, there are no binding posts to connect a cable to; the key
comes supplied with a 3 wire cable with either a 3.5mm or 1/4" plug attached
to the underside of the paddle, strain relieved with a cable grommet.

At the back, a custom plate is affixed with the Ten-Tec logo and callsign
and serial number information as specified by the purchaser.  At the front,
finger pieces made of blue acrylic, which we do not presently offer as
either a standard item or accessory for our keys.

73
Scott Robbins
W4PA
Vibroplex