[TenTec] Corsair II RF Gain

Carl Moreschi n4py2 at earthlink.net
Tue Mar 20 15:13:33 PDT 2012

Yes, the Corsair does run audio derived AGC.  And certainly what you are
doing will stop the AGC pop that can occur.  But the problem with
running manual AGC is when you tune in a very weak signal, you can get
crushed with a strong signal that decides to call him.

I set the RF gain on all my radios to the point where I just hear band
noise and let the AGC in the radio do the rest.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635
www.n4py.com