[TenTec] OMNI VI+ lost 12m

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Sun Mar 25 00:19:01 PDT 2012

Don,

This is another case where a scope would be a real blessing.
You would see in a few seconds whether or not the oscillator were
functioning.

73
Rick, DJ0IP

-----Original Message-----
From: tentec-bounces at contesting.com [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com]
On Behalf Of Don Rasmussen
Sent: Sunday, March 25, 2012 3:01 AM
To: tentec at contesting.com
Subject: [TenTec] OMNI VI+ lost 12m

Hi Guys,
All bands good except 12m, no Rx or Tx upon bandswitch. It's a recent
happening, the latest TT service was to replace 10m crystals, 2 of them had
gone bad with age. This time I am not hearing the crystal trying to lock
when the band switches, so more inclined to suspect the PIN diodes rather
than the crystals. I suppose the 12m crystal could be fully failed. Anyone
have any suggestions on what to look for?
Also wondering if anyone has a 12m crystal from a parts OMNI VI+ before
calling Paul for part or service.
tia Don...