[TenTec] Orion I main and RX366 subreceiver differences

Zivney, Terry 00tlzivney at bsu.edu
Tue Mar 27 10:55:12 PDT 2012

Unfortunately, Barry, the lightning problems I had earlier in the weekend caused me to forget to restart the recorder!

But, the 'sizzling" sounds sounded to my ear just like the 'crackling' sounds you and others noted in some of the V2 firmware in 2007.
In the V3 firmware, it was not noticeable on the other  bands, nor in the ARRL SSB contest a few weeks back - it just  seemed bad Sunday afternoon, here on 15m on the main receiver.

Terry N4TZ