[TenTec] Traveling to Dayton through TN

Jim Wharton no4a at ymail.com
Sat May 12 12:09:35 PDT 2012

This is from the TN DOT web site, if you are traveling to Dayton through Knoxville you should be aware of this.

Jim Wharton NO4A

Work Continues on I-75 Landslide in Campbell County; Target date for one lane of I-75 South to reopen is May 21stThursday, May 10, 2012 | 09:28 am

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. – In
order to repair the massive landslide that has occurred near mile marker 143 on I-75 in Campbell County, I-75 South will remain closed, and one
lane of I-75 North will remain open.

The target date for one southbound lane and a second northbound lane to re-open is Monday, May 21st. TDOT will continue to re-evaluate the situation, and adjust that schedule accordingly.

Crews are excavating and constructing a soil nail
wall, which will require nails to be drilled as many as 50 feet
underneath the Interstate. This is being done in order to stabilize the rock slope.

Currently, I-75 North has one lane of traffic open for approximately three miles, from mile marker 141 to mile marker 144.

Motorists should expect potential long delays and use extreme caution while traveling through this area.

Detour Route for I-75 South: Take Exit 160 in Jellico, follow US 25W to LaFollette and back onto I-75 South at Exit 134 in Caryville.

Wide Load Detour Route for I-75 South: Take Exit 160 in Jellico, turn right and follow SR 297 West to SR 63 and back onto I-75 South at Exit 141.

Suggested Alternate Route for I-75 North:Take Exit 134 in Caryville, follow US 25W to LaFollette and back onto I-75 North at Exit 160 in Jellico.