[TenTec] Top receivers

Jim Lowman jmlowman at sbcglobal.net
Mon May 14 14:21:20 PDT 2012

When you and I were first licensed, there were probably one or more hams
within walking distance of our houses.
My mentor ( Harry, WA8PVA (SK) ) was halfway down the block on the other
side of the street.
If he was home and awake, he was on the radio.

Now, with CC&Rs and HOAs everywhere, there's little overt evidence that
a ham lives in a given neighborhood.

Back then, too, the local club was worth going to, with plenty of OTs to
help us new guys out.

Maybe I'm being overly optimistic about human nature, but I think most
hams would be receptive to suggestions about improving the quality of
their signals.
I certainly would.  A better signal improves the chances of other ops
answering my call.  As I venture out in to the world of digital
communications in the near future, any help will be appreciated.
The problem is, how do we pass along this information?

73 de Jim - AD6CW