[TenTec] CW Filters ???

John T. Fleming john at w3gqj.net
Tue May 15 12:31:40 PDT 2012

Richard,

For years I did not have a radio that had filters in it. I remember building
a Q-multiplier for my SX-99. But I was gifted with perfect pitch. As such I
learned to concentrate on the pitch of the station. Filters are nice and
needed if you intend to contest and things are really crazy and there are a
lot of big guns. I suggest forget the filters for now and concentrate on the
pitch, letting your brain do the filtering. When you get to 30 to 50 WPM and
want the challenge of a CW contest, then consider the filters.

I have all of the filters in my Orion but I must admit that the extra
filters were a gift from a friend.

73,
John