[TenTec] CW Filters ???

Martin Sole hs0zed at csloxinfo.com
Wed May 16 04:53:01 PDT 2012

I mostly use the 6kHz filter because I need the noise blanker most of the
time. A much narrower roofing filter makes little difference here where it's
a big day when I hear more than 3 stations on a band at once, and that's
during CQ WW, so we don't have really bad overload issues mostly. I tried
the 250Hz filter and didn't like it at all.

Sure would make sense in some cases to stay away from the added gain stages
that go with the 2 narrower filters if they are not needed and maybe a 600Hz
in the 1kHz slot is a reasonable compromise for those occasions that warrant
it.

All round I think Ten-Tec have a good balance between flexibility and
performance with the various filter settings, now if only they would fix the
S meter/RF gain/ AGC mess.

Martin, HS0ZED