[TenTec] RFI Issues

Jim WA9YSD wa9ysd at yahoo.com
Sat May 19 11:38:32 PDT 2012

I just read the first post and not every  one else's so I apologize first for my ignorance.

The common modes approach was just fine, how you got to it in what order does not matter since it was a leaning experience.

Look into shielded grounds. Use a piece of RG8 in each end of the coax solder a 0.01 mfd 1000V cap from the shield to center conductor. Attach center conductor to chassis of radio equipment. Drill a one inch hole through on basement floor about one foot or more from the basement wall so you do not drill a hole through the tile drains. pound in a 3/4 inch copper clad or galvanized ground rod through that hole and attach the other end of the center conductor to the STATION GROUND.

Eliminate any ground loops if possible, if not, install common mode choke.

I have tuned my artificial ground tuner between my station ground and electrical ground

Stay on course, fight a good fight, and keep the faith. Jim K9TF/WA9YSD