[TenTec] to much draw on Tx and Rx

Jim Brown k9yc at audiosystemsgroup.com
Thu May 31 16:11:36 PDT 2012

On 5/31/2012 10:23 AM, John Molenda wrote:
> Do you guys consider the power consumption too high to be
> used in this role effectively I am also comparing this to my Elecraft
> K2

Wayne Burdick, Elecraft's lead designer and co-owner, is a serious nut
for low battery drain. If you already own a K2, that's your best bet for
low current drain.  For someone without a K2, I'd look seriously at the
KX3, which may be a better radio (roughly eight years newer design) and
probably has even lower current drain.  And it's REAL tiny.

73, Jim K9YC