[TenTec] Orion II failure

Rod Greene w7zrc at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 1 15:15:15 EDT 2012

Just now my Orion II audio in the main receiver quit. At the same time the S-meter appears to have settled to zero or nearly so. I waited a couple seconds and the audio came back then quit again. The bar graph for the second receiver appears to working okay.  Waiting a few more seconds, the display slowly faded out to nearly white. I switched the O2 off and on and it came back okay. Then after a few seconds it repeated the same symptoms. Right now it is off and I'm letting it cool down to see if that makes a difference.

Rig has the latest firmware and has been reliable up to this point.

Any suggestions?

Thanks and 73, Rod/w7zrc