[TenTec] Orion II failure

Chris Hinson chinson1 at mindspring.com
Thu Nov 1 19:42:54 EDT 2012

My Orion 2 had the same problem in July 2009. Ten Tec found and  replaced
bad filters on the IF converter board and that solved the problem.
73,  Chris K4osk

the S-meter appears to have settled to zero or nearly so. I waited a couple
seconds and the audio came back then quit again. The bar graph for the
second receiver appears to working okay.  Waiting a few more seconds, the
display slowly faded out to nearly white. I switched the O2 off and on and
it came back okay. Then after a few seconds it repeated the same symptoms.
Right now it is off and I'm letting it cool down to see if that makes a
difference.