[TenTec] Orion problem

John T. Fleming john at w3gqj.net
Tue Nov 6 16:35:15 EST 2012

My Orion is now about 10 years old. I am starting to experience a boot up
problem. When I turn on the rig in the morning, it generally will start the
process and then when the frequency shows, it reboots and does the same
thing. On the third or fourth reboot, all is well. The electrolytic
capacitors in the power distribution board have been replaced and the clock
battery chip is also new. Does anyone have any suggestions where to look for
the problem? I have seen Carl suggest reseating cables and connectors. I
have done that on the CPU and display board. What other possible connections
should I check? I also changed 963 power supplies but that did not help.

If I turn on the rig a second time during the day, it generally boots the
first time. The problem only seems to appear after the rig has been off all
night.

Once the rig is up, it work fine!

73,

John