[TenTec] Orion II CAT Problem

Carl Moreschi n4py3 at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 29 12:17:03 EST 2012

When a program finishes, the comport is automatically released by the
operating system whether the program released it or not.  However, all
the last settings are still in the comport.

When a new program starts, if it is well written it will send all serial
parameters to the comport (or USB port) and not depend on any parameter
being left over from a previous session.  If this is done, reliable
operation will always result.

Carl Moreschi N4PY
121 Little Bell Dr.
Hays, NC 28635