[TenTec] Century 22 Info

Bwana Bob wb2vuf at verizon.net
Wed Oct 3 19:58:09 EDT 2012

Tim:

Me too.  I can't leave anything alone.

Check and see if you have the filter mod. If the receive audio peaks at
too high a frequency, you need the mod.

Other fixes and mods that I know about:

Because of reliability problems, Ten-Tec replaced the MRF-476 drivers
and MRF-475 final with 2SC1969 transistors.

If you don't have the built-in calibrator, Mike Bryce WB8VGE has a kit
that will fit.

Likewise, the internal keyer can be duplicated because it is a simple
circuit or one of the many keyer-on-a-chip kits can be installed.

If you have low drive on 80 meters only, try peaking the "null" pot on
the osc/mixer/bandpass board, while transmitting into a dummy load. It
is best to do this with a 30 MHz 'scope, because Ten-Tec says that the
pot should be tuned for minimum waveform distortion.

One mod I'd like to add is an external digital display. The analog dial
could be replaced with a small digital display, but I wouldn't do this
because it would destroy the classic character if the rig.

         73,

         Bob WB2VUF