[TenTec] Paragon II model 586 questions

Peter Bertini radioconnection at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 22:46:23 EDT 2012

Hello to the group

I just picked up a used Paragon II and have several questions...

First, where is the backup battery located?  I've read that the Paragon
uses a long life lithium cell, but I can't locate it. The manual states the
battery is internal to the CPU chip, but that doesn't sound correct, unless
they are referring to the Dallas chip modules???

Second question is in regards to QSK with non TT amps.... will the T
voltage mod  (T voltage keying a power FET) for the Omni VI work the same
in the Paragon II?

Regards

Pete