[TenTec] Model 238C Tuner Questions

Steve Hunt steve at karinya.net
Tue Oct 16 10:22:16 EDT 2012

Even measuring the load impedance wont immediately tell you what are the
best settings, for a couple of reasons:

1) The HiZ / LoZ labelling is a misnomer for an L-network tuner; for
example, for a load of 10+j20 Ohms you would need the HiZ setting.
2) On the HiZ1 and LoZ1 settings, the 238 is not a simple L-match;
compensating components are switched in to overcome the strays and the
network becomes either a low-pass T-network or a low-pass Pi-network.

73,
Steve G3TXQ