[TenTec] RF choke for Titan 425?

GARY HUBER glhuber at msn.com
Mon Oct 29 21:52:58 EDT 2012

My Titan-425 also failed on 15 meters, the first time I used it there.  My
Titan-425 is actually silkscreened as Model 425E on the back and came with
10 Meters functional. The individual I purchased it from sold it to me
through his amateur radio sales business, but had been supplying equipment
to Pacific DX-peditions a year or two previously and had S/N 425-00516 as
unsold (new) stock when Ten-Tec announced a new revised version. I was able
to buy S/N 425-00516 for $1000 below the Dayton price of the new 425s and
when I returned it to Ten-Tec, they replaced the defective plate choke, both
3CX800-A7s and put in the new revisions as well plus shipped the 425 back to
me express (so that I would have it for a DX contest) all NO CHARGE. My only
expense was shipping and the phone call to the TT service department.

Rich, which style choke is in your Titans. Do you know the build dates? Are
they built before or after 1990?

73 ES DX,
Gary -- AB9M