[TenTec] Station power supply --> AIRPAX Circuit Breaker

James C. Owen, III k4cgy_list at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 6 22:10:22 EDT 2012

The Air-Pax breaker that is usually used is the SNAP-PAK T11-1-20.0A-01-10.  Don't go over 22A as the rating on the fast break is: will not trip at 100%, May trip as 135%, will trip at 150% in about .15 sec. So you see that it will take at least 27A for the 20A breaker to trip and usually just a bit more. I would not like to see collector current much above 27-28A.  In the part # the -1 is fast trip, -0 is instant trip, -2 is slow trip.
   I use a 20A breaker and it takes about 28A to trip. I used a 22A breaker and saw over 30A before it tripped.
The original T-T breaker  1140 was an 18A instant trip as I remember.
73 Jim K4CGY