[TenTec] Orion firmware (was Hamfest)

Rick W ve7tk at yahoo.ca
Sun Sep 30 15:06:43 EDT 2012

Ray I'm not sure by what you mean by "long-promised".  The last updates were a completely new firmware version 3.xxx.  This firmware solved many problems and brought in many new features.  The latest version for the 565/566 is April 10, 2012.

Many 565 owners were using Version 1.xxx firmware prior to this release.  So 5 months without a firmware update is nothing!  I have switched to 3.032 with my Orion 565 and love it!

Is the latest version perfect.  The simple answer is "no" and by definition firmware can always be tweaked or improved.  But I am certain that Beta work is being done and it will be improved.  Hang in there!

73,
Rick
VE7TK

Website:  http://www.ve7tk.com