[TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?

Tue Apr 2 08:21:07 EDT 2013

Well I must be one lucky fellow.    Just to make sure, I picked up my
El-Cheap-O headset and tried it with the Eagle.  I'd previously used it with
the Omni VII.

With it on the Eagle, I don't hear any digital noise.  I do notice that the
volume in the right ear is louder than the volume in the left ear.  Also
noticed this with the Omni VII but I figured for less than a $6.00
investment including shipping, this wasn't too bad.

Other than a slight noticeable loss in high frequency response on receive,
thus making stations sound a bit muffled, they sound reasonable.  These
El-Cheap-O headphones do require advancing the AF Gain on RX a good bit more
to get suitable listening level.

On the CPU noise, when the AF Gain is at minimum, full left, there is a bit
of digital noise heard.  Moving the AF Gain off of the most left stop
eliminates the noise being heard.

73
Bob, K4TAX