[TenTec] Computer Headset Secured -- Now What?

John Farler k4avx1 at windstream.net
Tue Apr 2 21:37:35 EDT 2013

Rick,
Sorry to hear yours didn't work out, since you have given me so much
help with various TT problems.  I just used ones from the dollar stores
and such, never over 10 bucks.  The main reason I put the adaptor together
to use them is for the included microphone, but I don't want to get into
its quality!

I'm not much of a phone op anyway, but they help in the few phone contests
I sometimes get into.  Leaves hands to correct the keyboard mistakes I
make!  But mine are with the older 4 pin rigs, so the newer ones may cause
problems as you describe.

If using a stereo headset, don't forget to use a 1/4" mono to 1/8"
stereo audio
adaptor to get sound in both ears. I assume the Eagle, Omni VII, etc. don't
have stereo out nor 1/8" headphone jacks.

I Want to try an adaptor and vox for 2 meter RJ45 Yaesu rig, but haven't
gotten
around to it.  Also looking for a 3/32" (I believe) stereo jack to try
one of these
several cell phone earphone/mics and see how it works.  Can't find a
jack in all my junk, but an old portable or cell phone might render one.
RS has the plugs, but not the jacks.

73,
John, K4AVX

Message: 5