[TenTec] A Fun Day with Ham Radio, and a Question about Portable Operating

Barry N1EU barry.n1eu at gmail.com
Sun Apr 7 05:28:56 EDT 2013

Congrats on the successful summit activation Jack and welcome to my current
favorite niche in ham-dom.  For me, neither the Argo or Eagle are very well
suited for SOTA use - they're too heavy and consume too much power (heavy
battery),  But after reading your post, perhaps you prefer a very heavy
pack and in that case, the Eagle and a big SLA battery might be perfect for
your SOTA activations.  The one radio that Ten-Tec sells that is IMHO very
suitable for SOTA is the HB1B, but that would be a relative feather in your
pack.

73, Barry N1EU