[TenTec] (no subject)

John Henry jhenry at tentec.com
Wed Apr 10 10:58:26 EDT 2013

Kim,

As Barry also stated, you are exactly correct. The smeter calibration
process / feature in 3.033xa ONLY adjusts the voltage level going to the
meter itself for receive signal strength. It does nothing to calibrate
antenna input of 50uv to the DSP internally calculating it as an S-9. ok,
you did say it better than my restate above. lol

73, John Henry, KI4JPL

To make sure I understand this, the S-meter calibration procedure for
the O II v3.033xa firmware does nothing more or less than set the
voltages the DSP unit must send to the S-meter to get specific
deflections (readings). This calibration procedure has absolutely
NOTHING to do with calibrating whether a 50 uV signal at the antenna
terminals results in the DSP unit sending a "S-9 voltage" value to the
meter.  That's an entirely different problem and procedure. Have I got
it?

73,

Kim N5OP