[TenTec] SOTA rigs

Rick - DJ0IP / NJ0IP Rick at DJ0IP.de
Wed Apr 17 05:10:00 EDT 2013

If you   s t r e t c h   that first dit in the "h", it becomes a dah  and
the "h" becomes a "b".  Biking.  Then the sport is much more appealing to
me!

QUESTION:  is it mandatory to have to hike to the mountain top?  Or, if you
find a mountain top you can drive to, does that qualify as a summit?

I think at my age, I'll stick to IOTA, even if I have to hike a ways.

73
Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: TenTec [mailto:tentec-bounces at contesting.com] On Behalf Of Barry N1EU
Sent: Wednesday, April 17, 2013 11:03 AM
To: Discussion of Ten-Tec Equipment
Subject: Re: [TenTec] SOTA rigs

As currently defined, SOTA=human powered ascent, generally hiking.  If you
guys want to hike mountain summits with 10 pound rigs and 5 pound batteries,
more power to you.  I've been very active in SOTA and personally, I prefer
one pound radios and half pound batteries in my pack when I'm hiking 5-10
miles and climbing 2000-3000ft.  Just saying . . .

73, Barry N1EU