[TenTec] Tuning Amp on 17 meters

Richards jrichards at k8jhr.com
Wed Apr 17 20:02:17 EDT 2013

On 4/17/2013 5:10 PM, Jim Brown wrote:

> I meant to say that the SWR indicator in the AMP will measure the match
> between the AMP and the feedline (or between the amp and the antenna
> tuner, if the tuner is in the circuit).

	Understood.  You were clear enough to get
	the correct point across.  ;-)

	I only mentioned the tuner because it is in
	line, and I thought I should give all the facts
	about the situation when posing the question,
	but it is bypassed in this case because it seems
	to be a well behaved ground plane antenna.

	I just don't get why the rig sees a higher SWR
	with the amp on than with it off - AND whereas
	that does not happen if I proportionally size the
	antenna for other bands.  On those other bands,
	say 15m and 10m, the rig sees the same SWR with
	the amp on or off - it does not matter.

	As the King said... "Its a puzzlement."

THANKS FOR THE INPUT !