[TenTec] Built in SWR meter bannans [common mode UNUN location ]

Sun Apr 21 22:09:11 EDT 2013

In general, considering some length of feed line to the feed point of the
antenna, I prefer one of the following methods

Follow this sequence:  Transceiver > Amplifier > SWR Bridge > Tuner > 1:1
Balun > coax to antenna.

Another and sometimes preferred  sequence is this:  Transceiver > Amplifier
 > SWR Bridge > 1:1 Balun > Tuner > coax to antenna.  This also works best
with a balanced line is connected to the tuner.

The point being, the UNUN should be located at the output of the SWR device.
If the equipment provides a internal SWR measuring method, then the UNUN
should be at the output of the equipment before the coax feed to the
antenna.

73
Bob, K4TAX